Opportunities for NEBOSH IDIP
The NEBOSH IDIP course is a perfect fit for all those who wish to make health and safety their professional career. The students will build confidence in their ability to recognise and solve everyday health and safety issues, as well as identify areas for improvement.
Job opportunities for NEBOSH IDIP certificate holders
After passing the junior level, you will be promoted to a management role that is responsible for the organization's legal obligations, protocols, and auditing in order to improve safety practises that are aligned with the company's goals.
A safety manager's responsibilities are very broad as they include preventing problems, providing practical solutions, managing periodic inspections & assignments and completing & assisting management reports.
The job roles that an experienced safety professional will attract are as follows:
- Health and Safety Manager
- Risk Assessor
- Warehouse Manager
- Construction Site Manager
- Health and Safety Specialist
- Health and Safety Auditor
- Health and Safety Advisor
Professional body recognition for NEBOSH IDIP qualification
The NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals meets the academic criteria for applying for the following positions:
- Graduate (Grad IOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). As a Chartered Member of IOSH, this is the first step toward becoming a Chartered Health and Safety Practitioner (CMIOSH).
- Member (MIIRSM) of the Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
- Holders of the NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety certificate meet the Association for Project Safety's (APS) headline entrance criteria for Registered Membership (RMaPS).
- Graduate of the South African Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (SAIOSH) - Current technical members (TechSaiosh) can now upgrade to Graduate members (GradSaiosh) using the NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals to satisfy the membership level’s academic requirements.
The learners who pass the NEBOSH IDIP qualification are entitled to use the designatory letters IDipNEBOSH.
The NEBOSH International Diploma serves as a solid foundation for further study at the MSc level. A number of universities in the United Kingdom offer MSc programmes that recognise the International Diploma as a whole or partial admission requirement.
Maintaining professional standards
The regulatory accreditation is recognised as a sign of quality in the UK – and, increasingly, globally – allowing NEBOSH qualifications to retain their highly esteemed professional status.
The UK accredited qualifications provide you with assurances that the qualification:
- Satisfies particular quality requirements that ensure it is fit for its purpose
- Includes relevant content
- Uses appropriate assessment methodology
- Is aligned with significant National Occupational Standards (NOS)
- Has the support of relevant stakeholders including employers
The Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) has accredited and credit rated the NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety. It has 48 SCQF credit points and sits at SCQF Level 10 in the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF).
On certificates awarded for the NEBOSH IDIP course, the SQA accreditation logo will appear, where appropriate. On the unit result notification, the SCQF logo, credit and level information will appear.
Valued by employers
The NEBOSH certifications can help organisations ensure that their health and safety policies and procedures are successful. This could explain why NEBOSH certifications are included in their competency matrices by so many organisations.
Career Progression for NEBOSH IDIP certificate holders
When you are a junior employee, your responsibilities are primarily site-based, day-to-day activities and operational tasks that an organisation requires. Your skills will be of global standard in core industrial sectors if you have a NEBOSH qualification. When you are progressed as a manager, your function becomes more strategic and aligned with the larger picture of organisational safety. To summarise, having a NEBOSH qualification increases your chances of being hired. With the right experience and education, you can go from safety officer to HSE executive with NEBOSH qualifications, eventually leading to manager-level jobs.
Please contact us, if you further require any information.
Preparation For IDIP Exam
Delegates preparing for IDIP exams can find appropriate information like syllabus guide, guidance on command words, example question paper pand examiner's feedback in the following link:Click Here